RCU Forums - View Single Post - Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Daemon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!

I am as concerned about this as anyone - I sold off all my 72mhz stuff and bought a total of 10 new Futaba 2.4 rxs. Futaba has announced what the issue is, and how to avoid it. They have also made it clear that if your Tx STOPS working the rxs you already have linked to it - THERE IS A PROBLEM.
And hypothetically speaking, what if you discover this at the field, when you turn on your Tx?
What if there's already a ZGUID Tx in operation, with a plane in the air, when you discover this?
What if you'd already checked with the other guy earlier and found no interference, but
your Tx has reset itself to ZGUID since then?

Think about it.

Checking with everyone else is not a solution because the problem could occur between the time you check with
them and when you later turn off and back on again. Noticing that your Rx is no longer responding is *not* a viable
solution, because by the time you realize this, your Tx is already reset to ZGUID and it's *ON*, which means
it will shoot down anyone else who is also using a ZGUID Tx (who had no idea previously). Whether we know
the root cause of the problem or not, we do know that this does happen and it basically could happen
at any time, so you need a method of checking that works every time.

As I've said several times over on RCG, the only viable workaround is to get a known ZGUID bound Rx (it's been
reported that all brand new unpaired Rx's come ZGUID bound), and test your Tx against it (see if you can make it respond to your Tx)
before you turn on. Every time. Get one for yourself if you're really paranoid, or at least get one
for the whole club, and the only rule is
"Check with the ZGUID Rx before you turn on and again after you turn on. If it ever moves, then find the ZGUID Tx that's controlling it, and turn it off."

That's it.

ian