RCU Forums - View Single Post - Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 06:06 AM
Julez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!

ORIGINAL: Teachu2

OK - and then it didn't work your rx, correct? Did you rebind your rx, or just send it in?
It did not work with 5 RXes I tested. I successfully rebound (rebinded?) 2 of them, and did not bother with the others.
After talking to the robbe tech support, I sent my TX in.

ORIGINAL: XJet

Having spent *many* hours designing and building microcontroller-based systems I'd be willing to bet that your system didn't lose its memory on power-up but during the previous power-down.
This might well be true.

What do you think about the following idea, XJet: Using a transistor for the power supply of the module. First, you switch on the TX. Then, you press a button which gives the voltage to the signal pin of the transistor. It switches on the module without any switch bounce. The voltage at the module is now used to hold the transistor in the on-position. This kind of circuit is called "self-holding", maybe "self-sustanining", in Germany, Im sorry I dont know the exact english term.
A different button is used to open the connection between the module voltage and the transistor signal pin, thus switching off the module without any switch bounce.
Does this sound like a good option until a permanent fix is found by Futaba?

Thanks,

Julez