RCU Forums - View Single Post - RPM: true track rear arm conversion t and e maxx
Old 01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
rcdudegermy10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RPM: true track rear arm conversion t and e maxx

ORIGINAL: Nighthawk z450

ORIGINAL: rcdudegermy10

ORIGINAL: Nighthawk z450

ORIGINAL: rcdudegermy10

RPM bulkheads would be bad for many reasons. Their parts flex, this would cause the diff case to flex, shortening the life of your gears and driveshafts.

I think the new arms are cool, but I already have the RPM arms, so there's no point in upgrading if you have to buy the arms again.
Plus I like to have a little more tuning options which the original set-up has.
actul no,,
the rpm stuff doesnt flex as much as the stock stuff,, and if they made bulkheads thats were beefed up they could probably pull off a near "no flex" bulkhead.

so anyway,

no one makes titianuim im guessing?
maybe ill have to make my own, i've been researching aluminum ones and while they look cheesy and like they'd bend easy,, i beleave i could make some far stronger.
RPM stuff does flex more than the stock stuff, that's why their parts are so durable, because they flex instead of break. Why do you think that professional racers don't run RPM arms? I'll tell you why, it's because the arms flex and turn their set-ups into whack. Their nylon plastic flexes more than regular plastic, and that reassures that the bulkheads would in fact flex more than the stock ones. I'm not saying that they wouldn't be less durable than the stock ones, just that they'd flex more.

flextech rc makes some titanium arms, but they are uber expensive.

Check out fastlane machine for some good aluminum products. They have an awesome warranty and make some of the toughest products.

im not talking about the arms,, im talking about bulkheads
and yes they do,,
you grab a stock t maxx arm and then an rpm arm and try to flex it,, the stocker is muh easyer to flex then the rpm.
im not saying they "dont" flex,, just not as much.

im not saying all this because i "heard it's what racers say" or "i know a freind wo has a freind who one time at bandcamp"

this is personal finds only.

Dude, you are wrong. It doesn't matter what part you are talking about RPM parts simply flex more than the stock parts. Why do RPM parts break less then? If they are so much stiffer than the stock arms why don't professional racers use them? This has been discused on here before.