Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

RPM: true track rear arm conversion t and e maxx

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

RPM: true track rear arm conversion t and e maxx

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 08:51 AM
rhylsadar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM: true track rear arm conversion t and e maxx

[link=http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/traxxas/MaxxPts3.htm#trutrack]rpm true track rear arm conversion[/link]

i like it!!

bye
rhylsadar
Old 01-18-2008, 08:55 AM
RCCanuck

Default RE: RPM: true track rear arm conversion t and e maxx

darn that looks interesting....
Old 01-18-2008, 08:59 AM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

would like to c that for my gen 1 maxx, but dont want to upgrade this.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:11 AM
nitrorcjunkie

I dig it. I will be ordering it soon, I'll post a review shortly thereafter.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:44 AM
cubmaster
My Feedback: (51)

Do you suppose it'll save any weight?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:26 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cubmaster

Do you suppose it'll save any weight?
According to RPM it weighs exactly the same as the stock setup.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Nighthawk z450

aparently thats the "new product" they've been working on for the maxx,,,
thats to bad they didnt spend there time on something better like revised bulkheads......[&o]
Old 01-18-2008, 02:06 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I agree I was really looking forward to seeing what new thing they were coming out with for the Maxx and now I'm disappointed. [sm=frown.gif]

I really don't see the point in this, I like having it adjustable with the stock setup and it's really not hard to do.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Nighthawk z450

yeah,,, theres no way im going to pay 50 bucks for it,, i already have there arms all the way around,, and the axle carriers in the front (soon to get a set for the rear)

dissapointed for sure,, i was realy hoping for bulk heads,, i realy would like some stronger ones,, but i dont want aluminum that will wear and bend anyone making titanuim ones?? lol
Old 01-19-2008, 10:56 AM
rcdudegermy10

RPM bulkheads would be bad for many reasons. Their parts flex, this would cause the diff case to flex, shortening the life of your gears and driveshafts.

I think the new arms are cool, but I already have the RPM arms, so there's no point in upgrading if you have to buy the arms again.
Plus I like to have a little more tuning options which the original set-up has.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:07 PM
RC_Basher20
My Feedback: (4)

i swa this before i just never paid attention to it lol
Old 01-19-2008, 01:25 PM
HighClassBasher

I think is looks like an awesome setup[8D][8D]..... too bad its for the Maxx[]
Old 01-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Nighthawk z450

ORIGINAL: rcdudegermy10

RPM bulkheads would be bad for many reasons. Their parts flex, this would cause the diff case to flex, shortening the life of your gears and driveshafts.

I think the new arms are cool, but I already have the RPM arms, so there's no point in upgrading if you have to buy the arms again.
actul no,,
the rpm stuff doesnt flex as much as the stock stuff,, and if they made bulkheads thats were beefed up they could probably pull off a near "no flex" bulkhead.

so anyway,

no one makes titianuim im guessing?
maybe ill have to make my own, i've been researching aluminum ones and while they look cheesy and like they'd bend easy,, i beleave i could make some far stronger.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Edfltchr

I like the idea of what they did and I know RPM's stuff is dang near indestructable but that lower control arm looks like it could use a little more crossbracing imo.Just looks to me like a spot begging to break albeit its RPM's plastic.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:23 PM
sunco1

i wish they would mkae one for the revo. i hate setting toe in
Old 01-19-2008, 10:42 PM
rcdudegermy10

ORIGINAL: Nighthawk z450

actul no,,
the rpm stuff doesnt flex as much as the stock stuff,, and if they made bulkheads thats were beefed up they could probably pull off a near "no flex" bulkhead.

so anyway,

maybe ill have to make my own, i've been researching aluminum ones and while they look cheesy and like they'd bend easy,, i beleave i could make some far stronger.
RPM stuff does flex more than the stock stuff, that's why their parts are so durable, because they flex instead of break. Why do you think that professional racers don't run RPM arms? I'll tell you why, it's because the arms flex and turn their set-ups into whack. Their nylon plastic flexes more than regular plastic, and that reassures that the bulkheads would in fact flex more than the stock ones. I'm not saying that they wouldn't be less durable than the stock ones, just that they'd flex more.

flextech rc makes some titanium arms, but they are uber expensive.

Check out fastlane machine for some good aluminum products. They have an awesome warranty and make some of the toughest products.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Nighthawk z450

actul no,,

so anyway,

RPM stuff does flex more than the stock stuff, that's why their parts are so durable, because they flex instead of break. Why do you think that professional racers don't run RPM arms? I'll tell you why, it's because the arms flex and turn their set-ups into whack. Their nylon plastic flexes more than regular plastic, and that reassures that the bulkheads would in fact flex more than the stock ones. I'm not saying that they wouldn't be less durable than the stock ones, just that they'd flex more.

Check out fastlane machine for some good aluminum products. They have an awesome warranty and make some of the toughest products.

im not talking about the arms,, im talking about bulkheads
and yes they do,,
you grab a stock t maxx arm and then an rpm arm and try to flex it,, the stocker is muh easyer to flex then the rpm.
im not saying they "dont" flex,, just not as much.

im not saying all this because i "heard it's what racers say" or "i know a freind wo has a freind who one time at bandcamp"

this is personal finds only.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
rcdudegermy10

actul no,,

so anyway,

im not talking about the arms,, im talking about bulkheads
and yes they do,,
you grab a stock t maxx arm and then an rpm arm and try to flex it,, the stocker is muh easyer to flex then the rpm.
im not saying they "dont" flex,, just not as much.

im not saying all this because i "heard it's what racers say" or "i know a freind wo has a freind who one time at bandcamp"

this is personal finds only.

Dude, you are wrong. It doesn't matter what part you are talking about RPM parts simply flex more than the stock parts. Why do RPM parts break less then? If they are so much stiffer than the stock arms why don't professional racers use them? This has been discused on here before.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:35 PM
megamaxx

BOOOOOOO!!!all though the new setup is cool looking,its totally useless for someone who already has full sets of their "old"arms and carriers on both his maxxs.........what are the chances they would take the old stuff in on trade?,just a wise marketing move on thier part,there will be many maxx owners that have the old sets,that will run out and buy the new setup.pointless from a consumers point of view