RCU Forums - View Single Post - How does your club handle this?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 02:55 AM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How does your club handle this?

I would have just assumed that if you had a 2007 card,
and havent bought a 2008 one yet, whether it is 29 Jan 2008 or 1 Jan 2008 or Feb32nd 2008
you aint in the AMA with a card for a term that expired- 2007 card is no good in 2008.

Considering the availibility of payment documentation, either via web reciept, fax, or club pres call, you either paid for the AMA year or you didnt. I dont understand why there is the 30day grace for AMA, when they mail you the renewal so dang early. In 2007 I didnt renew until mid year, I cant see how in January(or Feb or March) I could have considered myself somehow still active & allowed to fly where AMA was required in 2007 with just a 2006 card. When I did renew midyear, I didnt notice any difference in the process or cost than if I had done it the day they mailed the renewal... I simply paid a years price for the partial year left, but we all saw that coming & not a big deal.

Why wouldnt your AMA'ness plain stop if you dont have a current card, why have 30days.
Just what are folks doing & where are they doing it those 30 days? Flying on last years card in this year?

I'm not taking a shot at the system, I really havent heard anything about this & am learning the 30day ropes from this thread.
(seems once again Hoss brings AMA knowlege to those that have it not [sm=thumbup.gif])