RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super hawaii help please
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 11:10 PM
retaobcr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super hawaii help please

What size cable are you using and what size brass stuffing tube and what size is the teflon liner? The brass is too close to coupler. Make brass tubing 1/2" from coupler. Ok, from 1/2" brass , the teflon will extend up to half the distance from stuffing tube.. I don't know what to say cause one picture shows brass tubing and then another picture shows teflon from coupler down. Your turn fins must be 90 degrees to the bottom of transom. The strut must be even straight back so you have 0 degrees. I'm going to be totally honest here on the motor placement. Like my neighbor says, if it were me, i would place motor back toward the bow 2" so you have a better cable line or a smoother curve. One more and i'll shut up, the cooling cool should be a close knit or have coils next to each other. Now as they are won't cool anything. Go take a look at sites and see what i mean. The angle you have the motor and cable will lose power and rpm and with just the teflon holding the cable firm is going give you problems. Go take a look at Quicksilvers Villian EX on how he did his 700 motor placement and angle. I'm not trying to be rude, but trying to make life easier. I'll shut up!!!!!!!