RCU Forums - View Single Post - How does your club handle this?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How does your club handle this?

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy
I gues I'm just not seeing how we all know the a paid AMA year expires at the end of that year,
what I dont get is why anyone is wanting/getting to do AMA member things after their term has expired.
What I'm not seeing is why this is such a big deal to you, Kid... So, people know the membership expires on Dec. 31. Big Deal! November and December are very much family times, with holidays, etc., young people off from school, college kids back home until well into Jan., not a whole lot of outside aeromodeling going on, even some AMA staff may be on vacation, etc., etc. Just Why-in-HECK, cannot there be a significant allowance for the AMA member to get-around-to-it?
The "....getting..." is because the AMA Bylaws are written to allow that break for members. The Constitution of the United States allows Congress to "....promote the General Welfare." Look at just who has to PAY for those that PROFIT from that simple allowance! AMA's providing for a small thing to assist some AMA members to remain paid-up members at that time of the year, is A-OK in my book. BTW, it serves ME not, as I am a LIFE member.

As for AMA charging more for folks that pay late,
they already do that: You get 10 months of membership for the 12month price.... you really pay thru the nose if you hand over $58 in September or November! Just consider the folks that renewed on time paid for 12 months @ $4.83, and the guy that re-ups in June pays for 7months of $4.83 + $24 penalty = $58

Absolute confusion exists in that statement, KID! For those that RENEW late, that is THEIR Choice. If AMA charged by the month, then some would only pay for those months they fly. AMA membership is a calendar-year thing. Take it or leave it. When I order out for a pizza, I can't just just take a few slices that have the most pepperoni, and not pay for the whole thing!

AMA already has more than $50 built-in Late Penalty for guys that renew in December, right?
Pay $4.83 for December & the $53 penalty = $58 for December renewers.
WRONG! If one JOINS in October, one gets the whole 15 months. Now if one P&Ms that a Dec. payment is just a RENEWAL, (providing one never renewed from the previous year) then one is choosing a one month deal, and again that is ONE'S CHOICE. Therefore one really deserves paying DOUBLE as one tries to do differently from a smooth standard procedure.

If a 2007 member RENEWED in Oct/Nov/Dec, then that $58 goes for the 12 months of 2008, and has nothing to do with the 2007 months.

NO FRIGGING PENALTIES other than those penalties that some would-be sharpshooters shoot their own foot with. [>:]