RCU Forums - View Single Post - How does your club handle this?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 02:45 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How does your club handle this?

Hoss,
Sure it is ones choice.
Just as chosing to renew ones car registration is optional... nobody is forcing anyone to renew late, or to renew at all.

But for folks that do choose to renew,
meaning we are not talking about the Joiners thet get a next year prorate,
they either get 12 months of the next year for their $58 if they renew on time,
or they get fewer months than 12 for their $58 if they renew late <after the year started>.

So if the late guys get only 10 or 6 or even just 3 months for their $58, they are clearly paying more for those few months of the 2008 term than the guy that paid $58 on time & got the whole 12 months of 2008. In december, GuyA says this month worked out to just $5 while Guy B says the month worked out to $58.

This was only to address they guys that want some kind of penalty for renewing late... there is one: the dues dont prorate & late guys get less for their $58 <I did the math earlier to put a $ figure on the wasted money, could be more then $50 of term burnt by being late>. This of course only works if they late guys really do get less term than on time guys. Which the 30day grace seems to work against: You get full term even if 29days late.

Why do I care so much about it?
I dont overly care about it, I was just pointing out to the guys that want $ penalties that there alread is a kind of $ wasted by joining after the DueDate (& it seems the 30days Grace too). Robotech said + At Least 10%, I simply demonstrated a guy might pay as much as 99% Waste if he renews at the end of December.

Getting back to having the 30day <rather than discussing penalty concepts>
30days Grace, 0day grace... whatever, it just changes when the Deadbeatism starts. I didnt know we had it, I didnt use it, I wouldnt have it if I was king of america, but I dont care enough to try to talk folks into changing it.... not even to stir it up here in the forum. Others said No Grace, Some said NoGrace + Penalty, my 2cents is in with the guys that said nograce but I dont feel adding $ is needed.

Oh, it is not P&M to point out your "WRONG!" is indeed misplaced.
I never said anything about Joiners, this whole thread is about Renewers & Late Renewers,
so I cannot be wrong about joiners & prorating. What I said about RENEWERS is accurate, right?

I fully accept your statement that there is no official $Penalty.
You just happen to not get over 90% of what you pay for, by your choice, if you choose to wait til Dec 2008 to renew after your 2007 expires.