RCU Forums - View Single Post - Closest Club
Thread: Closest Club
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Sarges_heroes2003
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Closest Club

I haven't battled but I did take a look around at one of the battles once. captains will power only 2 shafts on a 4 shaft boat, 3 shaft boats usually only go with one. they just put drag disks or dummy props on for the extra shafts.
There is also North Atlantic Battle Squadron, rc-artwerks.com, browning ship yards, and swamp works will still take orders now and again. so you have a few choices there to pick from for fiber glass hulls, if you don't see a ship you like there you could build a scratch built wood hull.

Hey, I have a list of hulls for sale (swampy and the like) If you would like a copy I could try to email it to you. Why not a class 3 Cruiser? they get the fastest speed, maneuverable, and with twin stern guns can still be use full in a battle. also a de moines is as long as A North Carolina Class BB but half as wide w/ 1 rudder while NC class BB gets 2 rudders. You can set it up with tripple stern guns and a half unit pump but it wont turn like the other cruisers cause its twice as long. it does get to be heavier so maybe it is the best starter boat? who am I to tell you, I haven't battled yet.

Thanks,
Sarges_heroes
P.S. I hope I have been help full.