Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

Closest Club

Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

Closest Club

Old 01-28-2008, 05:41 PM
WartedEmperor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Closest Club

I am trying to find the closest club that is near Northeast Tennessee. I would prefer for it to be a fst gun club. All the clubs I have found so far are over an eight hour drive each. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Closest Club

In New Jersey it takes a 15 hour drive.

Rich
Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Sarges_heroes2003
My Feedback: (6)

www.modelwarshipcombat .com & Google IRCWCC. these are the home pages of the two national Fast gun clubs here in the USA. They both have local contacts pages and search features. you can go from there.

Darren

P.S. Just because it says a Chapter is located in a certain city does not mean that is the only place there are battlers. here in Missouri the local chapter is run out of Springfield but we have members comming from as far as KC and Northern Arkansas. Get in touch with the nearest local chapter and ask if there are any members hailing from your neck of the woods.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 AM
kotori

RC Naval Combat (a website for RC warship combat enthusiasts of all rule sets) has a [link=http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/rcnavalcombat/localClubs/]Club Finder[/link].
Old 01-29-2008, 06:23 PM
WartedEmperor

I found a guy on modelwarshipcombat.com that lives about an hour away. I sent him an email and I am now waiting to hear a response from him.

I was wondering if you know of any small clubs that are around my area like just a couple of guys that play every month? I was wondering if anybody knew of a group like this.

I was on battlersconnection.com and I was thinking about getting one of their ships. Right now I have it between the Des Moines and the Von Der Tann or maybe the Scharnhorst. The reason I picked the Des Moines is that it seemed to me that it had a good speed to battle unit ratio and has four props. There are two reasons I don't like it is that it does not come in a ship kit and does not have two rudders. The reason I like the Von Der Tann is that it is small, number of props, number of rudders, battle units, and that it comes in a ship kit. A reason I don't like it is that it is as slow as everything. I also just started looking at the Scharnhorst because again I like the speed to battle unit ratio. Things I don't like about it is that is only has three props and it is not in ship kit form. I was wondering what you would recommend as a first ship? Also the reason I want one that has the ship kit is I have no idea how to make the superstructure that is a reason why I am leaning toward the Von Der Tann. I would really like the Scharnhost if it was in a ship kit.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Sarges_heroes2003

I haven't battled but I did take a look around at one of the battles once. captains will power only 2 shafts on a 4 shaft boat, 3 shaft boats usually only go with one. they just put drag disks or dummy props on for the extra shafts.
There is also North Atlantic Battle Squadron, rc-artwerks.com, browning ship yards, and swamp works will still take orders now and again. so you have a few choices there to pick from for fiber glass hulls, if you don't see a ship you like there you could build a scratch built wood hull.

Hey, I have a list of hulls for sale (swampy and the like) If you would like a copy I could try to email it to you. Why not a class 3 Cruiser? they get the fastest speed, maneuverable, and with twin stern guns can still be use full in a battle. also a de moines is as long as A North Carolina Class BB but half as wide w/ 1 rudder while NC class BB gets 2 rudders. You can set it up with tripple stern guns and a half unit pump but it wont turn like the other cruisers cause its twice as long. it does get to be heavier so maybe it is the best starter boat? who am I to tell you, I haven't battled yet.

Thanks,
Sarges_heroes
P.S. I hope I have been help full.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:09 PM
WartedEmperor

It seems to me that all the ships have a drawback to them. I think I will have to battle first then get a ship that meets my playing type. Is this the right way going about doing this?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:16 AM
kotori

No ship stands out as the ship to have. They all have their unique strengths and weaknesses. Beginners should generally look for something large enough that they can make rookie mistakes when building, but not so large and complex that they can't get it all together. Although I am a big gunner not a fast gunner, I often hear that dreadnoughts or WW1 battlecruisers (such as the VDT) meet this requirement well. If you want a Des Moines or Scharnhorst, there is nothing to stop you. It is a very good idea to see a battle with your own eyes. My [link=http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=kotori87]Big Gun videos[/link] can't quite capture the excitement of battle, and the members can provide you with excellent advice specific to your club.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Sarges_heroes2003

on the Des Moines, I am thinking of making one my self. First ship here. all though i have been looking at the Alaska class cruisers. they are class 5 and the hull is about the same size as the des moines is, and it gets to use side mounts. like the American equivalent of the scharny in fast gun, maybe![&:]
Ahh heck just build some thing!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:57 PM
WartedEmperor

Where are you thinking about getting that Alaska class from or are you going to biuld it from scratch?