RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Maxx or E-Savage for bashing
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 03:10 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Maxx or E-Savage for bashing

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

WELL DURABLE INNIT.

The E-maxx has never been durable, and never will be. You could spend hundreds of dollars on the old one just replacing standard parts when they let go, most of the heavyweight aluminium maxxes were built out of necessity rather than want. I've already seen 2 examples of the new E-maxx shattered entirely in two. Here's a pic of one.

Nice. Never seen an E-savage do that.

The drivetrain may hold up to decent amounts of power, but the plastic is the same old traxxas swiss cheese. The E-savage was a hotbodies original design and just doesn't break like that. Only thing I ever did to mine was pop a shock cap, and that did a series of unlimited monster class racing, getting t-boned by MTA-4s and Mammoths. I boiled my shafts and shimmed the diffs and never had a problem, even on 600s and 14 cells.

Response to the lack of aftermarket is that there isn't one. You can deck the truck out in aluminium and carbon fibre if you want, you just gotta know where to find it. Same with extended TVPs etc.
Well I cant comment on how that picture happend. But seeing as how it is brushless, runs lipe, has RPM a-arms and aluminum bulk heads. My guess would be the driver was running it really fast and ran into something. With stronger a-arms and bulk heads, it has to break somewhere.

I dont care what you are driving you can and probbaly will break it if you hit stuff.