RCU Forums - View Single Post - new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 01:11 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust

KC, bro ! Smartass? Ignorant? Oblivious? Is that an appropriate way to air an honest disagreement? [X(]

Duuuude ! I obviously ruffled your feathers and for that I apologize, OK? I didn't mean to and that's why I put the in my post and not a [:@],,[>:], or a[:-].

Here's what I was driving at:

----If the 80 powered has so much residual thrust that it needs gobs of drag to prevent it from floating then there will be a LOT of time for the engine to spool as this floater, well, floats! When the inevitable missed approach is in initiated simply de-crowing (crow being a requirement of a p80 powered intro) will buy plenty of time. When an 80 powered intro isn't in crow it's a jet powered glider even at idle. You implied as much yourself, didn't you? The forgiving and mild trainer characteristics of the intro hardly demand instantanious "burner" to stay out of trouble.

----I don't think this kid's gonna need $30 wheels on his fixed-gear into. He's in the UK, and doesn't even need brakes. If he wants one tho, he can fit a nose brake for $50 bucks.

----And yes, LOTS of folks upgrade from the intro to the Elan or XL. Ask Alan or Patricia. Much of the Boomer business is repeat business. Geez. One very fine gentleman I know has had at LEAST 4 boomers and currently owns both an Elan and an XL, rounding out his stable of jets which includes a BVM KC, one of Tam's custom A-4s, and I believe, a THUD. He loves the Boomers. Sheldon may not want another boomer at all, but should he limit himself to only P60/70 compatible airframes ?

----In a perfect world I would not put an 80 in an intro. The 60 or a Wren 54 would be better. I'm blessed to be able to afford to buy an engine for each new airframe. Many people reading this cannot or, even if they can, are simply too sensible to do so Sheldon is apparently working hard to put his funds in order for his FIRST JET (how cool is that !!) and I doubt he'll stop with the intro. Looking forward to his NEXT JET, wouldn't it be great if he didn't have to cough up another $2500 ?? Some 11 and 12 year-olds think that's a lot of money. (Oops, that's because it IS a lot of money)

---- You hate the 80? I dont own JC stock so it's no skin off my nose. Really. Thanks, in fact for the heads up. I will think twice before buying one should the need arise. What else in that thrust class do you recommend?

I'm just trying very very hard to give Shledon enough information to make a good long-term decision. You made, in your post, what I thought to be an irrational argument against an 80. Apologies again if I offended. It was not intentional.

On the other hand, if in the future you 1) feel offended AND 2) feel the need to open fire in such a full-bore and obvious manner, please take it to the PMs? I can take whatever you've got and don't mind apologizing when I've been misunderstood, but your obvious tirade is quite inappropriate for the threads. Fair enough?