RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Savage Build Process
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Vigilante212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Savage Build Process

I agree with parputt I loved my LRP motor and I hear great things about the picco motors. Another motor you might want to check out is a go tech .28.

As for the servos you want one with 200 oz of torque for steering at least. I use a hitech 5955tg servo and I love it. For throttle you want one with probably around 100 oz or more no more then 200 oz of torque the faster the response time the better. Jr makes the j9000s its a bit pricy though another great one is the ace 1015 its probably the fastest servo I have seen. Im sticking one in my new buggy. It would work for steering also.

For the controller I recommend anything that uses 2.4 ghz this way you have less chance of glitching to to interferance. I prefer spektrum. Alot of people say the futaba faast system is better it probably is compared to the older spektrum ones. Although the new spektrum is supposed to be better then any of the others. If your on a bit more of a budget look at the Jr xs3 radios they are synthisized which means no crystals, but it still utilizes 75mhz radio.