RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen Matrix Arena TR steering help
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
ewing61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen Matrix Arena TR steering help

I've got a Cen matrix arena tr. Its a really good truck so far, however I'm having some trouble with the steering. There is binding somewhere in the steering assembly, though it doesnt seem like it. I can easily turn the wheels full lock both directions with my fingers, however with the servo attached the truck struggles to turn left. First I thought it was my servo, so I upgraded from the RTR servo to an Airtronics 94758z which has significantly more power and speed. On the block with the wheels off the ground, the turning is great, however once the truck is on the ground it the left steering is quite slow. I've examined the ackerman and steering rods, and don't see anything wrong. I made sure not to overtighten the steering brace to ensure easy movement. The bearings in the servo saver and opposite steering posts are in good shape. There are no squeaks or other signs of binding. I run a 5 cell hump pack, so there is plenty of power to the electronics. I use the futaba 3pm 2.4 tx w/ futaba 603ff rx. what is the problem?