RCU Forums - View Single Post - The TIMES, They are a-changin' and so will model aviation.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: The TIMES, They are a-changin' and so will model aviation.

Horrace, I'd love to meet you for a day at the Nats (If I were going). I'd rather spend all 5 days at Top Gun instead. At least there, you don't see someone finish 3rd in a class that only has 3 entrants, which is something that some entrants at the Nats look for. Imagine winning a trophy for looking for a low entry class, and building/buying a model airplane to qualify for that event. How much is that trophy worth? Sorry about the departure from the topic.

There is nothing that you or I can do about what has happened, and is happening to this hobby. Personally, I was far more satisfied before all the changes started. Now, It's difficult at times to be able to land, even though you call out, "Landing", and someone wearing an IPOD headset can't or won't hear you because he's listening to music while he hovers over the runway. Sometimes, you just want to make a low pass and take him out, but good manners won't allow that, and sadly good manners is not a disease that can be passed on to others.

Bill, AMA 4720