Old 02-21-2008, 05:35 PM
specialk1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics& tips

ORIGINAL: rcollector

If I was going to try to run one of these amps outboards today I would use one with a K&B powerhead because they just have standard K&B outboard powerheads with a AMPS hex drive PTO.
The last one of mine I was running was a Bud Light Seebold tunnel that had a .67 K&B powerhead.

Sure, the o.s. powerheads run smoother but when you break parts you have these problem of trying to figure out what the heck parts are in there and then finding them .

If you run an amps be sure you don't break a gear in the lower unit, you will really have problems finding that.

These are great old ouboard motors with a scale look that just can't be beat in appearance but they are a little bit heavy. Really , today, they are best just to keep on the shelf and look at.

These motors will break gears quite easily if you strike something with the prop and there are no spares to be had, it is not real easy to replace them either. The only way it would be practical to run these again is if someone started making replacement gears .
true on the gear's ..I gave a set from my 67cc & 3,5cc to a gear shop that fabricates small parts like that .hope to hear from them next week and let me know how much .I also will get the cast mold from them to make more...next is the cowling's I want to fabricate some mold's ..because lots of us have a hard time with them going bad cracking ext ext...and you right i forgot on the OS the crank is different but the piston & sleeve will work.. also have you ever see one with an electric start ..I found this one ..[X(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16710.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	884927