RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Is The Best 3d Plane Under 65 Inches
Old 04-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Eco8gator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Is The Best 3d Plane Under 65 Inches

Hello WADE

I live really close to Jeff so I can see some of the stuff he is comming out with.

He taught me how to fly on a Dust; he thought I could handle it becuase of my heli experience and I could. All I needed to remember was not to go into forward flight(helicopter joke ). After flying a Dust I wanted one but he told me that I should get a plane that I could could grow with. I decided to go with a Rippy Master Class fun fly but I thought that was too much plane for me and he hold me about his Pro 3D version for some who is leaning toward 3D not Fun Fly Compeition(but still fun fly competitive). He modified a Rippy and made it into a 3D Pro(longer, wing and profile, bigger tank and a few other things). This was actually my first plane building experience, and I very thankful to Jeff for coaching me though the process.

He tested and trimmed my plane at the field and then handed the controller to me to get used to it(no buddy cord because I am using a JR 10Sx heli radio). I got used to it pretty quick. The he taught me how to land, then take off. After that I tried hovering and I could do it reasonably well for my first day of solo flight. I also learned knife edge loop, and loop tough and goes. There was also lots of stick banging, but also some smooth patterns.

All I can say I feel that I definitally made the right choice to go with this plane.

Just so you know, the production kit will have one difference in comparison to mine. The last post on the boom(the one the rudder control surface is on will be moved all the way back to the elevator. There will also be an shape chane to the rudder control surface due to the placement of the rudder post.

From what I hear this plane will be ready to ship in a month and if you can wait this is definitally a plane to wait for.

Carlo