RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of going spread spectrum
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 08:01 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thinking of going spread spectrum

As you can clearly see, there are as many "opinions" as there are posters here on RCU. It clearly comes down to a matter of preference.. as someone said, ford vs. chevy.

They all have their good points, and very few bad points. I prefer Spektrum DX7 system for my standard and large models (I also use it for my electrics but with a different receiver). Airtronics also has a new RDS8000 and the price is really competitive at ~ $230. I have the Airtronics RD8000 (72 MHz channel 11) and love it. RCKen is an avid Airtronics fan and is doing a review on that particular radio and I would not be surprized to hear that it performs very well, as would be expected for a system with a great reputation for many years now.

Futaba has their 2.4 Gig system, but I am not familiar with it but would imagine that it too is a fine system. Again, all comes down to a matter of choice.

Again, I recommend Spektrum and Airtronics. But, they are not the only choices out there, but are very VERY competitive in this market.

CGr.