RCU Forums - View Single Post - Remove Panzer III return wheel mounts?
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 03:44 PM
gigantohawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Remove Panzer III return wheel mounts?

Hi Philip,
Thanks for the compliment. I can't find the additional pics and that assembly is now complete. Heres a link to panzer-ketten that I've posted before. It was the inspiration behind my build. Pick Potts roller mod is different to mine. I kept the pins on the mounts and didn't use the brass sleeve. But I used the plasticard reinforcement on the inside of the hull. So I suppose my method is more "standard" Heng Long. Take your pick, either works. Thinking about it his is probably easier, there's only one hole to drill per mount. Where as there's four to drill with mine.
To remove the roller pins, simply place a soldering iron tip to the hull end of the pin. When the roller end of the pin gets hot, pull gently and it will come free. Be careful with the iron. Don't let it slip and spoil any plastic.
If you haven't done it already it would also be a good time to put plasticard backing to the inside of the suspension arm slots.
If you need any more help just holler.
I've been doing "welds" on mine over the last couple of days...very time consuming. I using fine white milliput with some !!! success. I'm not sure how they are going to look until I get to the base coat stage.But here's hoping.

Heres the link,

http://www.rc-panzerketten-forum.com...tuser=0&page=1

All the best,

Nick.