RCU Forums - View Single Post - Honeybee King v2 tuner shop
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:53 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

ORIGINAL: osterizer

Ah, the 80s . I wanted very much to try helicopters back then, but they were way, way too expensive for me. Heck, if I'd known how much it would cost over time, I might not have started now, but water under the bridge . The thing that really made it accessible was the current crop of helis like the King that you can learn on and spend $20 or $30 on a crash instead of $200 or more on a pranged .50.

That may be part of why the King seems so good- it flies as well as it does, and even with electronics upgrades it still costs less than a good hard crash with a glow bird.
Yeah...I felt the same way. I'd loved to try helicopters. I was on active duty, think I was making like $520 bi-weekly take home....wasn't gonna happen. If I remember what my brother said, a set of main rotor blades were like $30 per set....heck, I scream about $12 a set for MX-400, but it's part of moving into the 400 class....guess I'd better quit screaming (LOL). My MX-400 is good because I took all the electronics out of one of my HBKII's and stuffed it in the MX-400...even the E-Sky servos, and I'm using the 704A HHG on it.....works great...just physically bigger than HBKII but basically the same bird since I threw the 120deg CCPM upgrade on it too. Kinda a cross of HBKII/Belt CP all rolled into one and add an aluminum frame to boot (I like the aluminum frame).