RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kougar Build
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 08:53 AM
juice90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Kougar Build

Its been an interesting journy the last few days on rcu. First, I came across a post about the sig kadet and now this one, of the kougar.

I learned to fly on a kadet and I remember many many moons ago, sum buddies haveing the Kougar. They were a great flying plane. Either 40 sized or the one feller who put an asp 61 in his ( useing it as a trainer no less )

The most interesting thing is, just last week, I picked up a used kougar as I was looking for a quick throw in the car and go fly airplane.
Wasn't pretty but after tinkering one it the last couple of days, doesn't look so bad anymore. ( should have taken before pics ) The covering is a lil uneven and beat up, but the addition of sum stripeing cleaned up the looks.

Powering it with an asp 46 ( i hope) and I am debateing either reg muffler... or a tuned pipe I'll decide shortly after I see where the cg is going to be.

As I said, its been an interesting journey. What was old, is new again.Or so it seems. lol... been flying for 26 years now and appears this plane at least, is standing the test of time. And its interesting that it too, is makeing the move towards the electric set ups as well.

All of you have done very nice jobs on your planes and I wish all of you the best of luck with them, and happy flying.

Juicer