RCU Forums - View Single Post - Central Plains E-Fly Spectacular Dec 13-14, 2008 Wichita, KS.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Central Plains E-Fly Spectacular Dec 13-14, 2008 Wichita, KS.

Oh, man talk about a huge building!!!

Guys: I was able to visit the building where the E-fly is going to take place. This place is huge! I had the opportunity to visit E-Fest last February and the Armory building is less than half of what this building is. It was a little hard to appreciate the space, as there was an event going on while we visited, but the scale can be appreciated when we went to the observation booth on the second floor. Sorry I don't have any additional pictures.

Ken and the rest of the staff are working hard to make this the best E-event in the mid-west.

According to the preliminary plan, there will be 4 flight areas. One for helicopters, one for 3D planes, one for mini / peanut, and one for regular airplane flying. All 4 areas will be independent of each other. There will be access for pilots with badges and spectators with passes at 3 different locations around the building. There will be electrical power within 100 ft of almost every pilot table. I also had a chance to see the proposed trophies for the competition portion and if they accept them I tell you that they will be one of a kind. The plan for the vendors and booths include flight simulators and audio-visual presentations. I can't tell you much more because I don't have the list of vendors/sponsors yet.

So pencil in this event on your calendar, and make every effort to spend the weekend with us in Wichita. You'll be glad you did.

Rafael