Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

CT Racing......Now Open.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:20 AM
RedBaja
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT Racing......Now Open.....

I Will be holding indoor races in Fairfield CT, at 2 different locations for the X-mods, Mini Z's, and the Micro- T's,

I also will be hosting races for the Mini-T's and all 1/18th scale R/C cars.

Here are some pics of the 1/18th scale track, it's going to be on Turf so there won't be any mess.

The track is a total of 30 feet wide by 42 feet long, with 4ft lanes for straight runs and 5 ft lanes for some hard turning and passing.

This track is located at 176 Linwood Ave, Fairfield, CT 06824
(203)-545-1650 Rich

It's located in a United Indoor Soccer, There is a larger track outside, mainly for larger 1/10th and 1/8th scale electric and nitro vehicles.
The racing is every friday night from 7pm to 9pm, with a entry fee of $8 dollars. There refreshments there and food, with two bathrooms for male and female, tables and chairs will be provided along with power and power strips for your chargers. I'm hoping everything starts to pick up, because i soon want to have big races there and with prizes to be won along with trophies and picture takened and hung up on the winning board in hobbytown usa in fairfield.

If it starts to get big, I will shoot for a longer time to run the cars and try to get more days nights and weekends to have races. I'm looking for your support in this, and everyone is looking for a place to race in Ct.

Also I will be holing races at Hobbytown USA for the Micro-T, Mini-Z, and Xmods with our indoor track. Once I have more info on the indoor track at HobbyTown I'll post it here.

Thanks, and hopefully there will be alot of people there this friday night, Please if your going to come please give me a call and let me know so i can put it down in my book. Thanks again for your support...

Rich
Old 02-09-2008, 10:18 AM
jombo

Default RE: CT Racing......Now Open.....

i was just at hobbytown getting info and picking up a starter box, i will try to make it for friday .
you may want to post here too
http://www.rctech.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Otto
Old 02-09-2008, 11:02 AM
RedBaja

LOL.....Kool, sounds good buddy, I was there last night , and had a couple of guys show up with there mini's and nitros for the indoor and outdoor track....I'm trying to get a some weekend time to during the day, hopefully I can pull it off and get some, Ill def check out that other site for sure...thanks

Rich F.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:09 PM
jombo

there are a bunch of guys in the local area also that would probably go, i give them a ring. see you friday
Old 02-09-2008, 04:59 PM
oldschool77
My Feedback: (3)

Coolness!

I passed by Friday just to scope the place out and it looks like fun...the outdoor nitro can easily run street tires or off road tires, looks like good traction.

When my Smartech is out of the hospital for a 2nd gear no shift (Hobbytown repair) I can't wait to give it a run!

Is it safe to assume that unless it is raining or snowing that regardless of temps the nitor is open Fridays? Should we just call the store to double check?

-matt
Old 02-09-2008, 05:09 PM
The Hedgehog

Cool I'll be there next friday night, what is the format? I have a whole mess of 1/18th scale cars, all use different batteries so if I could figure out if I need to buy more batteries by next friday that would be great.

I have never raced before because none are in the area... Hmmm makes me want a mini slider now ha ha.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:50 PM
RedBaja

that sounds great I really appreciate it alot man, Im trying to make this a big event soon......
Old 02-09-2008, 06:52 PM
RedBaja

ORIGINAL: oldschool77

Coolness!

I passed by Friday just to scope the place out and it looks like fun...the outdoor nitro can easily run street tires or off road tires, looks like good traction.

When my Smartech is out of the hospital for a 2nd gear no shift (Hobbytown repair) I can't wait to give it a run!

Is it safe to assume that unless it is raining or snowing that regardless of temps the nitor is open Fridays? Should we just call the store to double check?

-matt

LOL thats your car for repair...nice, Yeh I'm in the process of getting my 1/10th on road ready fot the track to so ill be running with you guys also, and yes it doesnt matter whats the weather, as long as no snow or rain we will be out side running the nitro's.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:53 PM
RedBaja

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Cool I'll be there next friday night, what is the format? I have a whole mess of 1/18th scale cars, all use different batteries so if I could figure out if I need to buy more batteries by next friday that would be great.

I have never raced before because none are in the area... Hmmm makes me want a mini slider now ha ha.

Doesnt matter bring whatever you want to bring, ill be there with my new mini t.....im looking forward to seeing you all...thanks for the support..

Rich
Old 02-09-2008, 11:16 PM
oldschool77

ORIGINAL: RedBaja

Coolness!

-matt

LOL thats your car for repair...nice, Yeh I'm in the process of getting my 1/10th on road ready fot the track to so ill be running with you guys also, and yes it doesnt matter whats the weather, as long as no snow or rain we will be out side running the nitro's.
I am sure everyone got a chuckle at the Smartech...there will hopefully be a LEGITIMATE monster truck/Tmaxx in the future if I get my nitro noob bugs out on the Magic Wheel. Lets just say Traxxas techs on their forum set me straight. I feel like I got a $5 Rolex now on the street!

On a side note, do you know how the truck is doing? Will I ever see a second gear? If I showed you the instruction manual that came with it...well...lets say alot gets lost in translation.

Hopefully SOMETHING will work for me on Friday at this point. I may have to break out my 1/8th scale DUB CITY Mammoth Dodge Magnum (28 inches long) or my matching Dodge Charger if I get desperate. It plays mp3's and has bling bling lights/rims. Might be good for a chuckle..or not.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:19 PM
oldschool77

Coolness!

-matt

Sweet!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:28 PM
jombo

dude dont get a tmax, yea i finally said it get anything else but not a tmax. i would either get a savage or a lst2 or a aftershock.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:30 PM
oldschool77

You know what? After seeing a youtube of a Savage doing a huge 15-20 foot backflip over a grandstand and nailing the landing I may be on the block for a Savage as well. I really want the huge 1/8th scale truggy ( i think) from the back of the shop! IT IS HUUUUGE!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:33 PM
jombo

LOL.....Kool, sounds good buddy, I was there last night , and had a couple of guys show up with there mini's and nitros for the indoor and outdoor track....I'm trying to get a some weekend time to during the day, hopefully I can pull it off and get some, Ill def check out that other site for sure...thanks

Rich F.

here is another site but some of the guys are in new haven so it may be worth it to post there too
http://lstforums.com/forums/viewforu...c7e1752174fe38
Old 02-09-2008, 11:35 PM
jombo

you mean the losi muggy, the orange truck in the back
Old 02-09-2008, 11:42 PM
oldschool77

The team losi looks very sweeet also.

Sell me one of your 30 one of these days hehe.

matt
Old 02-09-2008, 11:44 PM
oldschool77

Muggy, truggy, ****y I can't tell the difference although I think it has to do with the shape of the chassis/platform geometry
Old 02-09-2008, 11:44 PM
jombo

hahaah, i just sold a monster gt a few days ago
Old 02-09-2008, 11:46 PM
oldschool77

I know that area in Monroe...DANG I NEED MY TRUCK!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:46 PM
jombo

get the thunder tiger st1 truggy i love mine they handle great and it has a nice 28 size motor
Old 02-09-2008, 11:48 PM
oldschool77

Dang I just read a sweet review of the two in a Tmaxx book I picked up ( to brush up on *** makes these truck go) and the Monster took the Maxx to school in a few tests if I rememebr correctly. Even the Ofna Pirate (is that the name? )spanked it well.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:49 PM
jombo

lol you saw the lst forums, yea thats pepper st but the construction site area is off pepper st. i was there almost every weekend .
Old 02-09-2008, 11:50 PM
oldschool77

Someone from NorthHaven is selling a Monster GT for 230...I should have waited a bit longer!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:54 PM
oldschool77

Funny you mention that( the thunder tiger)...I saw an advertisement in the magazine for it...and the price they start at is reasonable!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:59 PM
jombo

this is in the back yard just messing around ,i had changed some things around and wanted to see if my setup did anything.
btw the motor is a ported xtm28 in there
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...eringvideo.flv

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.