RCU Forums - View Single Post - BCE JAMMIN 8T or MBX5T?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 04:36 PM
MightyMouse75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BCE JAMMIN 8T or MBX5T?

Hmm, my reply somehow didn't post from earlier today..
Anyway, I have the diffs setup properly and have a nice setup sheet I found online for a smooth track, from there I have a good understanding of how the suspension should be changed up depending on the track setup, of course I'm not a pro or anything.. I do know my biggest problem with turning is that I dont have bearings on my ackerman or my steering posts yet. Still the crap bushings that ceased up on me.
As far as racing vs bashing and all.. I'm an RC car rice boy.. haha.. my brother and I noticed that we really want our truggies to look cool more than we worry about performance. Mind you, I'm changing my view on that and want both, a good looking truck that can perform. I tool around with REAL cars enough for speed and whatnot, but this hobby is sooo much better.. It's cheaper, and I can work on the cars in the house with my family rather than spending hours upon hours in the garage...
Anyway, I take pretty good care of my truck, I tear it down about every 3-4 hours worth of actual use, clean it, replace oils if they need to be replaced (they always need it in my opinion).. I am running a 10-7-3 setup I think. I'm also working on figuring out what gearing would be a sutible fit. I accidentally bought the wrong gears, so I now have the 8.5 front and rear diffs, they're 44T gears, so I'm not sure what sized Center I could use and still have the truck move. I have the Axial in it right now and will keep that for now and I run it with a 13T clutch bell for the low end grunt I like. The BCE chassis looks to be WAY better than the X2's from what I see.. The X2 chassis looks almost identical to the X1 chassis only the side with the Radio tray is cut down a little. The rest looks pretty wide to me. It also looks like it's using the 62T center gear, which means it still has the ultra high CG. I don't care for that too much..
I would much prefer a more narrow chassis and a smaller gear setup.. If not for anything then for some rotating mass savings..
Anyway, thanks for the input.. I'll keep it in mind..
-- does the Losi 8T break a lot?