RCU Forums - View Single Post - BCE JAMMIN 8T or MBX5T?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 12:19 AM
McFly505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BCE JAMMIN 8T or MBX5T?

NONE of these toys are MADE in America.

Some are designed in America, but they are made overseas.

The Losi stuff may be assembled in the States, as well as a few others, but make no mistake, they are manufactured overseas.

As far as what to get?

I also have the Jammin X1 and I am currently waiting on the BCE PJX chassis for it.(waiting for 1 month and counting)

I have been looking at ALL the other stuff out there and they ALL catch my eye.
It all boils down to personal preference. You may like the design/features on this one and not on that one.

Most ANY of them can win on raceday in the right hands. The one BIG thing I see so many people forget about when looking for/buying race vehicles, is that you HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE. Get lots of practice, get to know your vehicle.

I fell into this same trap that you're in. I've dropped MUCHO $$$ on the current CRT and fixin to drop about $4-500 more.
The 8ight-T's do well at my local track, just as well as ALL the other truggies on the track. We have guys/gals running 8T's, Kyo STRR's, XT8's, MBX5T's, X1's, etc, etc.....
Don't fall victim to the perception that there is one brand that will out handle/out perform ALL the rest. There is no such thing.

When I got my CRT, I couldn't drive for crap (still can't...lol), but the owner of the track was making almost record laps with my truggy.

It's 95% driver, 5% truck/car in this deal.

And believe me, I know what you mean about liking the 'bling' factor. I have $2K tied up in a RC8 and can barely drive it, but it looks GOOD.

By all means, if you got the bux, then buy all of them. I just hate to see someone searching for the 'magic' truggy/buggy to cure their lack of driving ability.
BTDT.

Hope that helps some.

Scott