RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which boat and batteries for a beginner?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:26 PM
retaobcr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which boat and batteries for a beginner?

Ok, the UFO is the best bang for the buck. Go to astec model like alloutcustom typed. UFO is solid and postage from U.K. shouldn't be much. Also it can be 6-8 cell and best results is saddle packs, one 3 cell on each side of motor. ok, www.finedesignrc.com, then go to boat hulls, then to h20 boats, then click around till you find setups for ufo cause i just did and showed it all. Make your own hardware and copy the pictures on your printer . My motor setup is 6" from transom and some say 5 1/2" from transom and cg is right at 29-30% from transom and a good sold 05-540 in what ever they have in Denmark on 6-7 cell. Get a 632 prop but make sure it is a 6 pitch, anything else won't work. now a 8 pitch won't work, a 534 won't work, 535 won't work, 432 won't work but a 632 will work. I don't know what kind of props you have over there, but carbon fiber in the 6 pitch and could be the " S " series, not sure but ask your dealer. That's the best i can do. Forgot , get .130 cable and teflon liner and cable stub or shaft. I sandpaper my cable so it is almost smooth so to cut friction by 75% except where cable goes into cable stub or shaft. Won't hurt the cable cause your not racing and still won't hurt. I picked up the sanding from Ernie Lazbury of U.K. many years ago of Rumrunner site.