RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Titan thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 07:51 AM
redvtr1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Titan thread

Yep, outside is definitely a bit less stressful for me. When I started out, I tried to keep the heli low enough where I could practice tail in/sides in and bring the power down for a landing when things got out of hand. The training gear helped out there to cushion hard landings.

After I could do the basic hovers, I moved out of the garage and practiced getting a bit higher. Once you can get some altitude, you can move to nose in without too much fear. You just learn and practice your bailout move. It was tough for me getting used to seeing this small heli up at altitude but it helped alot with my confidence once I found that I could screw up a time or two and have altitude to try and correct it.

I dunno about the frame upgrade. I think the stock plastic is pretty good. I've broken the base plate once by smacking it up pretty good but other than that I hadn't ever damaged it until my last crash where it broke in so many places it had to go in the trash. Check the reviews on the frame if you go that way, I almost remember a post from another forum where there were some fitment issues.