Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Mini Titan thread

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Mini Titan thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 PM
osterizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Titan thread

ORIGINAL: patatchim
But there are a lot of knock-offs coming from chinese brands.
Most of them are very equal in quality to the expensive ones.
If you read/see good reviews than why not?
If it were true that they were of equal quality it would be fine. But by and large they aren't.

If you want a cheap gyro, the the 401-a-B may be a good choice, but equal to the GY401 (the real one), it's not.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:10 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

patatchim,
I will try to save a few bucks here and there as well, my 600+ zippy battery order for example but the gyro is just one thing I'd rather not skimp out on. That 100 or so you save starts to evaporate real quick when you start ordering repair parts.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:56 PM
patatchim

@osterizer and ea01bg: all that you say is very true and I fully agree with you.
A gyro is a part where i wouldn´t want to buy a cheap one.

But, you have to know that not everybody is able or willing to spend 100€+ in a part.
So people, like me, find themselves looking into cheaper parts.
If alot of people are saying that those parts are good or enough for their skill, than why not?
These cheap brands have a certain market, for persons like me, if they have good reviews, than its more than enough.

ONCE AGAIN: If I had the money, I would buy a more known/better gyro.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:00 PM
osterizer

patatchim- Sorry, I hope it didn't sound rude. I just wanted to get the info out there- I have seen a few people buy that gyro thinking they were getting the same thing Futaba sells. You can definitely put together a good heli with less expensive components (I haven't bought a name brand battery in over a year ).

It also steams me a little when they make it look like the GY, and with a similar name; intentionally confusing people as a marketing strategy is disturbing.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
patatchim

@osterizer: You weren´t rude at all.

I was only trying to reinforce my previous opinion. Didn´t mean to "sound" like a rant or something like that.

Once again, I agree that using a similar name is shady!
They could do like logictech that appeared in the market and made themselves a good name. But that costs money!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 PM
osterizer

ORIGINAL: patatchim
They could do like logictech that appeared in the market and made themselves a good name. But that costs money!
And so boring, too .
Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 PM
ELBRUJO66

Hello, I am new to Helis and just started buying 2 weeks ago. I puchased the G 4.5 Real Flight which is awesome. I also got an Helimax cpv & the 400 plus several smaller copters and finally my favorite ( but not yet finished) Poseidon Gazaur. Ok here it is, I just purchased a Scorpion HK2221-6 motor, the new Scorpion ESC & now the big question.................... can I somehow use a gy611 futaba gyro with the s9256 tail servo. I'm sure there has to be a way to use this gyro, please help!!! NEWBIE
Old 02-17-2009, 11:08 PM
noobflyer01

its going to be a huge challenge to install the gy611 on the poseidon. its just too big for it. the 9256 will not fit inside the frame. and besides that gyro belongs on something bigger like a trex600. i'm not saying it cant be done but i dont recommend it.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:05 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

ORIGINAL: noobflyer01

its going to be a huge challenge to install the gy611 on the poseidon. its just too big for it. the 9256 will not fit inside the frame. and besides that gyro belongs on something bigger like a trex600. i'm not saying it cant be done but i dont recommend it.
I agree 100% not that it couldnt be done but I would leave the GY-611 for the big birds and stick with GY-401 or the GY-240 for the 450 sized birds..
Old 03-05-2009, 05:21 PM
bckyrdbshr

I sold my original MT about a month or so ago thinking I was going to give nitro heli's a try. After many sleepless nights trying to decide what I wanted I ended up ordering another MT kit lastnight from AMain hobbies and got for $109.00. You cant beat that with a stick. I also ordered a Scorpion HK2221-8V2, and the Scorpion commander V2 45 amp ESC. Cant wait to get started on it....
Old 03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
ELBRUJO66

I decided to buy A T-REX 600 and I saw a great fuselage for it. I already have the gy611 & the 10c Futaba so I will just buy the rest.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:37 AM
bckyrdbshr

Fixing to start on my 2nd MT and have a question on the dampers. On my first build when I put my dampers in the head and got everything tight it was very tight and rough when moved. After taking it back apart I noticed the dampers didnt fit flush with the head when inserted. I had to trim the dampers to get the head smooth when the blade grips where tight is this normal?? will it hurt anything?? I also notice they send some really thin spacers for the head does anyone use them and if so how many per side??