RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first BIG Crash... Need a bit of Help please.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Wolfpackin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first BIG Crash... Need a bit of Help please.

I agree with stump3r that your feathering shaft will be bent also.
To check it, put an allen wrench in the socket head cap screw and turn it. You will see the grip on the other side move up and down, that means it's bent. Use caution when removing the feathering shaft and grips there are a lot of little washers and bearings in there.

You don't need to split the frame for any of your repairs, again stump3r is correct. Just remove the bottom cap screw and nut and the shaft will pull out. Then remove the retaining collar and upper cap screw in the head and it will pull off the shaft. Chances are that both the bottom and top, head screw, will be bent into an "S" shape; replace them both.

The flybar is one rod, you'll have to starighten one side to pull it through the seesaw holder. Check that also, it can break at the little arms that go through the bearings (a tiny screw holds it in place on both sides).

Check your tail blades, if they are chipped you probably bent the tail rotor shaft also.

I would also check all servos by moving the arms by hand. If you feel them skip or bind you will have to replace the internal servo gears.

Sounds like I've done this before? Sure have.
Keep us up to date, I can do these repairs blindfolded and will gladly help.