Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

My first BIG Crash... Need a bit of Help please.

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

My first BIG Crash... Need a bit of Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:13 PM
agentnelson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first BIG Crash... Need a bit of Help please.

Out flying today and got a little to brave. I was trying to hover nose in and caught a bit of wind. Before I could recover, down it went. It exploded everywhere in my backyard & some in my neighbors. So far here is what I know I have broken.

Both Main Blades
Main Rotor Blade Grip (only one side)
Flybar both sides
Main shaft for sure
Body

For the size of the crash I am very surprised as to the overall damage. My question is where to start. I have got all the new parts I think I need. Looking at the exploded view I am not sure if I actually have to take the whole thing apart. Is there any way to replace the main shaft with out seperating the body?

Thanks for any advice guys....im gonna need it on this one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24421.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	909082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28360.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	909083  
Old 03-20-2008, 09:18 PM
stump3r

Default RE: My first BIG Crash... Need a bit of Help please.

Should be two screws, and your cookin with fire. One screw, will hold the entire head assembly on. Remove the screw, and the three swash links and the entire head will pull off. Next is the screw at the bottom of the main gear, pull that out and your two drive gears should come out the bottom. The entire main shaft should come right out.
Your going to have to pull your feathering shaft, guarantee that's going to be buggered as well, however you need to pull the feathering shaft in order to change out the blade grips anyway.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Wolfpackin

I agree with stump3r that your feathering shaft will be bent also.
To check it, put an allen wrench in the socket head cap screw and turn it. You will see the grip on the other side move up and down, that means it's bent. Use caution when removing the feathering shaft and grips there are a lot of little washers and bearings in there.

You don't need to split the frame for any of your repairs, again stump3r is correct. Just remove the bottom cap screw and nut and the shaft will pull out. Then remove the retaining collar and upper cap screw in the head and it will pull off the shaft. Chances are that both the bottom and top, head screw, will be bent into an "S" shape; replace them both.

The flybar is one rod, you'll have to starighten one side to pull it through the seesaw holder. Check that also, it can break at the little arms that go through the bearings (a tiny screw holds it in place on both sides).

Check your tail blades, if they are chipped you probably bent the tail rotor shaft also.

I would also check all servos by moving the arms by hand. If you feel them skip or bind you will have to replace the internal servo gears.

Sounds like I've done this before? Sure have.
Keep us up to date, I can do these repairs blindfolded and will gladly help.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:27 PM
agentnelson

Wow thanks guys...good thing I asked first it was so easy. I have a blade CX2 that is harder to fix sometimes.

I also can't believe how well it flies after such a hard crash. Maybe I was lucky?

Thanks again guys
Old 03-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Wolfpackin

Mine flys better after each crash.
I'm starting to get a handle on the whole setup proceedure.

When my heli seems a little off I just wait until I slam into something hard...then I'm good to go, just a little poorer.