RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caliber 3 with Irvine .39
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 08:17 AM
janfloris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliber 3 with Irvine .39

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with a Irvine .39 motor on a Caliber 3? I am struggeling a bit to keep the headspeed constant during flight. (Only "up and down" hover at this stage). My pitch curves are -4, 4 and 9 for normal flight. I don't bother with Idle up 1 at this stage because of the motor not running as it should. I have a JR 2610 radio. At half throttle the engine sounds fine, but as I increase the pitch a little to almost 3/4, the revs drop. When I pull the stick down again, the revs increase and it sounds as if the engine reaches peak. (If you can call it peak at 60% throttle). My throttle curve is 20, 50, 60, 70, 100 for noraml mode. I am new to nitro helis, so I dont have much experience in setting the engine and knowing all of the sounds it should make. I have been flying airplanes for a few years, but my problem with the heli eninges is that unlike an airplane enige, you can't rev it up to full thorttle to hear if it peaks or not... [] . I suspect that the problem might lie with the low end tuning, but I'm not sure. Any comments will help. Thnks