RCU Forums - View Single Post - e-maxx brushless question?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 02:43 AM
jonnymobil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-maxx brushless question?

hello,i will be getting a new 16.8v emaxx and i would like to get more power from it.i really dont want to spend a bunch of cash either.my question is if i replace the 2 titan motors and evx2 esc with a single castle brushless motor will it be faster?which one should i get?the 4600kv or the 5700kv?also should i run my packs in series or parralel?if i run in series i can put a small pinion to get some torque and try to get some top speed from the 12 cell configuration?or should i run the packs in parrallel(twice the amps) which would allow me to run a large top speed pinion and the amps will pull it through the low end? i really dont want to run series as it makes my packs hotter,and running parralel makes your packs last longer.should i just buy a higher kv motor and hope the extra amps of the parrallel packs will help the bottom end? what should i do.i want the most all arround power.wheelies and about 40 or so top speed. i know some of you have expeeriance with this so let me know what you have found out?