Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

e-maxx brushless question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 02:43 AM
jonnymobil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-maxx brushless question?

hello,i will be getting a new 16.8v emaxx and i would like to get more power from it.i really dont want to spend a bunch of cash either.my question is if i replace the 2 titan motors and evx2 esc with a single castle brushless motor will it be faster?which one should i get?the 4600kv or the 5700kv?also should i run my packs in series or parralel?if i run in series i can put a small pinion to get some torque and try to get some top speed from the 12 cell configuration?or should i run the packs in parrallel(twice the amps) which would allow me to run a large top speed pinion and the amps will pull it through the low end? i really dont want to run series as it makes my packs hotter,and running parralel makes your packs last longer.should i just buy a higher kv motor and hope the extra amps of the parrallel packs will help the bottom end? what should i do.i want the most all arround power.wheelies and about 40 or so top speed. i know some of you have expeeriance with this so let me know what you have found out?
Old 04-02-2008, 05:53 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: e-maxx brushless question?

The mamba max sytem is a poor choice for the big heavy truck. (the lowest kv 4600) would be best and have to be geared slow to survive. It may be less power than stock. If you want a Castle then use the Mamba Monster Max and whichever batts you want.