RCU Forums - View Single Post - k5 blazer
Thread: k5 blazer
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: k5 blazer

They're cool trucks if you can still find one in good shape. What year are you looking at? Here's my 89 I had back in the day. I eventually sold it for an extended cab pickup, which is a much better tow platform. (No side to side shimmy on highway) I didn't really like it for extended highway driving, not very smooth, the worse fuel economy of any vehicle I've ever owned. They are really fun offroad though, nice short wheelbase and decent torque, although it would really be an awesome truck if you dropped in a GM Vortec long block to replace the anemic stock LO5 350. I did a mild lif on mine, and it started tearing up drivetrain components, axle, universal, transmission (they have the weaker THM 700 R4) I had one with the dual front shocks. When I replaced those with some Ranchos, the brackets started breaking off of the axles, so I guess those need to be reinforced if you lift it. If you can find an old military blazer, the M1008/M1009 series truck, I think those come with the beefier turbo 350 trans behind the 6.2L diesel. That's what my brush guard came off of. I replaced the sliding rear side glass with cleaner looking one piece units since the sliders leak.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25535.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	922195