RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reciever/transmitter concern
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 02:36 AM
HarleyGal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reciever/transmitter concern

Hi Guys, well I''m going bonkers with these dam controls [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] so I need some help please I''ve had them nearly 2 weeks now and in that time, I''ve only used the truck 3 times. Everytime I have used it with the new FM controls I have encountered what I thought was interference from someone elses controls, until today. Today I went to the track all by myself, no one else around, it is a paddock in the middle of nowhere, in between a couple of farms, no power lines, (run on generator at night time) etc. But still the servos freak out radomly, not constantly, but all of a sudden, one minute it''s all good, next minute you''re outta control, just momentarily, then in control again. And then on the final start of the day, (with roto start) without touching the controls at all, the front wheels start turning left, right, left, right etc as soon as the rotostart turned over. Then when it started, the throttle servo was twitching all around, reving and breaking and it physically ran that rough and irractically, that it just kept stalling. It was also trying to switch itself from forwards to reverse, and it did that on Saturday night too, that''s when I get nervous and shut it down, cause I don''t want it to actually switch into reverse and then wreak my transmission. All of this has occured since these new FM controls that CEN sent me to replace the original AM faulty controls. I didn''t seem to have these problems with the AM ones. Someone I know, said, oh well you''ll have to buy the spectrum 240 GHz controls and it will all be solved, but to me, that''s not the point, shouldn''t the ones that come with the truck be adequate? I can understand when you''re racing and someone else being on the same frequency, but when you''re on your own, no other RC cars around etc, shouldn''t you be able to drive your truck with the controls it came with? Is this too much to ask from the factory controls? [&o]

I don''t know, its just giving me the.... you know what [:@] The truck itself is great, tough, good, excellent. Just the whole radio control saga that started from day dot with this truck [sm=71_71.gif]