Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Reciever/transmitter concern

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Reciever/transmitter concern

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:05 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reciever/transmitter concern

I not quite sure what I even want to say here at the moment. I'm really taken back by the post edits ( deletes ). I suppose threads like this bring people out of the woodwork for sure. The intent is (was ?) not to down talk or bash any company or product. The intent was to get a persons new GST running in a satisfactory fashion. There has NEVER been an attempt to get un warranted freebie parts and efforts to resolve the issues that have been ongoing for approx 2 months. Lets put ourselves in this persons shoes. You or I, be it here or Australia have spent upwards of $900 for a truck, shipping, a couple of addittional upgrades, etc. It doesn't run .... now what? I gotta do some serious thinkin and see how this shakes out. Oh yes .. about the wires and batt Cen talked about. We had her changing and testing various items and a video to visualize what was going on. This was not indicative of how the truck was run.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:00 AM
fastxr

ORIGINAL: HarleyGal

hi Fastxr, yes same problem with hitec unplugged. sorry guys, you don't know the extent of all the tests I have done to this truck with the help of a couple of the forum members, who have devoted a lot of their time to this as well. Cen sent a MX Sport, not an MX3 as they have stated above.

I have sent dozens of emails, communication is not a problem at my end. I have tried to be descret and keep most of it off forum.

Hi HarleyGal, thanks for replying to my post.

My mistake on the MX Sport verses MX3, I misread that. I knew that you had gone thru alot of testing with other members of rcu and this would have been a logical test to run, I was just trying to clarify that for Cen and everyone else reading this thread as it seemed to get brought up a couple of times.

I just thought of something here, did you eliminate the power switch out of the loop in one of your tests, that would mess with all your electronics if that was faulty.

On the communication end I totally agree that there was no lack of communication for yourself, I applaud you for being so descret about this problem.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:11 AM
nomobux

I just thought of something here, did you eliminate the power switch out of the loop in one of your tests, that would mess with all your electronics if that was faulty. <<<<<< I believe I had her do that early on.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:14 AM
HarleyGal

thanks heaps again Fastxr, and thanks for your suggestions. yes eliminated the switch early on in the peace, have eliminted everything, [&:] yet still it goes on. You didn't mis read about the radio, cen made a little typo there, about the radio [)]

Nomobux, thank you for clarifing for everyone about the wiring, and for your comments. You mirror my thoughts well, I never intended for this thread to become what it has, i only wanted help to get my truck running properly.

Cheers
Old 05-06-2008, 07:34 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To everyone reading this thread, this is NOT an oppurtunity to bash CEN. Just as NOMOBUX and HarleyGal have stated, this is a thread to help get a truck running properly. Let's keep it that way.

I have to admit this is a tough one. But I believe the issue well on its way to being resolved with CEN's help. If we can stay on track here, we can resolve this with many people smiling in the end.

Thank you to everyone who has shown their support for HarleyGal's issues here, I am sure it is much appreciated!!

Along the same lines here, CEN has had a whole rash of unwarranted claims that had to deal with, which caused them to tighten up there Warranty Policies. To those people, you know who you are, you have made it VERY difficult for the legitimate warranty claims to be accepted, and that is what has happened here. I feel those of you who have attempted to warranty parts on your year old truck should be publically chastized, drawn and quartered as well as beaten within an inch of your pitiful lives. But Current laws and ethics prevent that from happening. So suffice it to say, YOU have created an atmosphere in the hobby that causes the manufacturers to tighten up the draw strings and make it very hard to get the real warranties honored. Shame on you!!! And thanx alot, lowlife.

Now back to HarleyGal, I strongly feel you will be satisfied with the end result, it will just take a bit longer. I truely have to convey my respect for you!! You have been very patient and strong to hold your negative comments, and I feel you are one of the rare ones!!

We will keep all of you posted on the results of this issue.. And maybe we can post the cause, so everyone has something to learn from here!!

Peace
Old 05-06-2008, 08:08 AM
nomobux

As I believe they say in Oz .. "Well Said Mate" or sumpin like that Mutt !!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:27 AM
fastxr

I totally agree with you Dogman, everyone bashing Cen, etc, will get no where to help Harley get her truck fixed. See my similar post on the Cen forum.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
burningpoo

I must of missed the part about the wires.

I can't think of anything, unless it's some wierd crap like the gears are vibrating so fast it's opening up a hole in space that's sucking the transmission from the controler into a black hole

Or maybe it's the rc gnome is crossing wires right before you turn the truck on.

Sorry...it's been a long day of getting no where here...
Old 05-06-2008, 07:58 PM
burningpoo

So as we sit now, the only thing that hasn't been changed is the servos? Dumb question, Did you try using the 4AA pack to see if your hump pack is throwing out interferance? I don't even remember if your using a hump pack or not.

Wires have been gone over, on/off switch bypassed and top to bottem radio system change. Did I miss anything? If this keeps up, I'm going to start loosing sleep over it. I can't sleep anyway so it gives me something to think about.

On a side note...

Have you ever watched a 41lbs kid try and pick up a 25lbs cat? It's funny, cat didn't think so, but I did.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:26 PM
The Real Dogman

Poo, you just have too much time on your hands buddy!!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:43 AM
The Real Dogman

Spoke with Ken and Andrew yesterday. They are going to send another radio to Harleygal after thouroughly testing it in their office first. If that does not resolve the issue then she will have to take it to her LHS and CEN will work with them to find and fix the problem. CEN is trying to take care of this problem for her. I will keep you all posted as things develop.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:56 AM
nomobux

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Spoke with Ken and Andrew yesterday. They are going to send another radio to Harleygal after thouroughly testing it in their office first. If that does not resolve the issue then she will have to take it to her LHS and CEN will work with them to find and fix the problem. CEN is trying to take care of this problem for her. I will keep you all posted as things develop.
Right on Homy ... nice to hear. Cen is making the effort guys ... don't forget that !! I can definately understand concerns on the warranty policy and abuse. If you guys don't have a valid receipt and documentation, take your problems somewhere else. No scam artists allowed here. You'll be found out and publicized.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:27 AM
burningpoo

Glad to hear they will work something out down there for her at the shop.

TRD, WAY TO MUCH TIME. I thought not working would be great, nope, it's boring and it leaves you broke. But it does leave me time to get my kid ready for school, as long as I don't have to spell anything
Old 05-07-2008, 04:40 PM
HarleyGal

A very special HUGE Thank you, to TRD and Nomobux, and also a big thank you to everyone else as well, you guys are the best Thank you to CEN for addressing this matter now and helping to resolve this issue.

Cheers
Good On Ya Mate!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:28 PM
barak7.7
My Feedback: (1)

HarleyGal
I admire your patient !!!!!!!!!!!!
So HarleyGal ,The Real Dogman & nomobux -is there a happy ending to this sad story ?
Please keep us updated so we will know if buying more CEN products in Australia is a smart move or not
Old 05-14-2008, 12:35 PM
nomobux

ORIGINAL: barak7.7

HarleyGal
I admire your patient !!!!!!!!!!!!
So HarleyGal ,The Real Dogman & nomobux -is there a happy ending to this sad story ?
Please keep us updated so we will know if buying more CEN products in Australia is a smart move or not
Per the Mutt, a new MX Sport FM that was bench tested is in the mail. If still probs, they will work thru a LHS I guess. I sure hope it's a go.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 PM
HarleyGal

Me too!! come on mr postman, lol
Old 06-04-2008, 06:05 PM
HarleyGal

ok hi guys, well I have some good news finally, my GST is running and behaving great!!!!

We have kept this out of the forums again until we had it all solved and could tell you what it was.

Basically, in a really shortened version, the electrics in my truck were going nuts, and it was not being caused by any of the usual obvious things (other RC's, power lines, batteries, crystals etc) If I was using the pull starter to start it, as soon as the truck got closer than about 3 meters to the hand controls, all the servos would twitch and glitch excessively. If I used the roto start to start it, all servos would go totally nuts, non stop even when the roto and glow iginitor were away from the truck, it would not stop until I stalled the truck. And I don't mean little twitching, I mean every servo violently switching from one End Point to the other, so whilst it was sitting there running, the steering was going right, left, right, left, the throttle revving up, braking, revving up, the transmission going from forwards to reverse to forwards, all this happening at the same time and non stop!! I was freaking out that my transmission would end up wrecked, the truck did end up blowin the throttle servo because of all if this. So that's what was happening with my truck that had us confused and stressed out.

The Real Dogman and Nomobux starting helping me, and for hours and days and weeks, we tried lots of different things, eliminated things, swapped things, ruled out certain things, I did lots of little videos which I was sending to Nomobux, TRD and CEN to try and help them work out what was going on with it, perhaps they would be able to see something that me as a novice couldn't see. TRD and Nomobux spent so much of their time, on a daily basis trying to work it out with me, and finally it came down to 2 options. The Real Dogman ended up ringing CEN on my behalf and thru his talking to them they sent me a new radio again, and new servos. They agreed that it was some kind of interference, but there were a couple of different ideas on what was causing the interference. CEN thought the radio and servos would fix it, and TRD had another option he thought it could of been.

The new radio and servos came, and I have already thanked CEN for that. I installed it all, and for the first time in ages, I was actually able to drive my truck I still had a pull starter on it, so the real test was going to be putting the roto start back on and seeing what happened then. So put the roto back on and............ back to square one [:@]

So now it was time to do The Real Dogman's theory. Nomobux and TRD had noticed in one of my vids, that my clutch bell was blue, (burnt) and questioned me about my clutch. Although it was blue, it worked fine, so to start with it was just put down to it must have got rather hot at some stage. Then TRD started to wonder if there was something rubbing or touching inside the bell, causing the burnt look, and possibly emitting a high pitched frequency that could of been interfering with the radio system. He called it Radio Noise. So the guys told me to take the motor out and remove the bell, secure the clutch shoes so they couldn't open, put the motor back in and start the truck. No interference, no twitching.
So when the new radio and servos didn't fully solve the problems (worked with pull start but not roto start) I ended up having to buy a new clutch and installing that on the truck. And now it's FIXED!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaa

It was an issue no one seemed to have ever seen before, and basically people found hard to believe until they saw footage of what it was doing. I am grateful that CEN sent out the new radio and servos. I am more grateful to The Real Dogman and Nomobux who un-selfishly devoted so much of their time to help me get to the bottom of it and get me up and running, I tell you, I was really starting to lose my cool about it all, I brought the truck brand new from Cen Driect in February this year, and only now, so June, am I actually able to use it properly. The biggest thing I found upsetting was that CEN basically offered me very little help with it, they did send the Radio and Servos in the end, but the analysis and diagnosis of the problem came from Nomobux and The Real Dogman. I cannot express how much I appreciate and respect these two guys, they are very knowledgeable and will help you if you ask properly and go about things the right way. I only wish CEN themselves had of been more helpful and supportive about this issue, I don't care that I am in another country, to me that is not a barrier, and the fact that The Real Dogman and Nomobux helped me work it out, proves that where you live isn't an issue.

So we believe it was a combined issue, the radio was part of it, but it wasn't until the clutch was replaced that the whole problem was solved. As i have stated before, this is my first nitro, so I didn't realise that the bell going blue was a bad thing, some one with more experience would have known something was wrong when the bell started dis-colouring, but the bell started going blue right from the run in, so I presumed it was normal. When i pulled the clutch off and replaced it, we found nothing unusual about any compnent in the clutch, the spring tips showed no wear marks, the shoes were fine, but the bell is blue!! Our only conclusion was that the bell is warped as I'm guessing it was made that way, but I can't be sure.

So there you have it, that is what happened and what fixed it. So thanks again to CEN for the radio and Servo's, and a HUGE thanks to The Real Dogman and Nomobux, you guys rock.

Thanks also to eveyone here on the forums who supported me and also offered help and suggestions, thanks to you all, you guys are all great.

Oh and please, Nomobux and TRD, if I have left anything out or made a mistake with this write up, please correct me
Old 06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
The Real Dogman

Saweet!!! Glad it all finally worked out, HarleyGal!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:55 PM
barak7.7
My Feedback: (1)

HarleyGal
Glad to hear it is all sorted out ,I was wondering how did you go .
Thanks to The Real Dogman and Nomobux (& other guys) that keeping this truck "alive" .
CEN would have lost half their customers if it was left to their poor customer service (I am still waiting for replay to email I sent 3 weeks ago)
Looking forward to The Real Dogman next write up (check valve & 3rd gear)
Well I hope you will enjoy the truck now
Old 06-04-2008, 07:31 PM
nomobux

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh , gee, sniff, I think I'm gonna cry !! ............................... sweet HG. You learned alot and that's what really counts more than anything.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:28 PM
burningpoo

HG It's great to here that you can finally injoy your truck[8D]. I hope you have as much fun as I do when I'm out beating the snot outa my truck, now that you finally can

Just goes to show how great of a place this is!

Have fun and drive it untill the wheels fall off!