RCU Forums - View Single Post - going to install OS .30vg engine in revo.. What do I need
Old 04-15-2008, 09:13 AM
wayfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: going to install OS .30vg engine in revo.. What do I need

no you will not have room for a pull start. to be honest i dont think you will like this set up. i also have a revo with a picco 26. it will run laps around my 30vg. and it is not bad for bashing. i have just started bashing. i used to only race. but i just wanted to have a little fun rather than trying to race all the time. the 30 vg is a very smooth motor but it has no top end. the bottom end is not that great also. for what you would spend to make it work i think you could find a better motor for less money. like the picco. i really liked the axail 28rr. it was 10 times better than the os 30vg. it has good top end. you can also see it it my gallery. but you need a bump box as well. they have it at impakt for $109. mine was out of this world. i have seen revos pull wheelies in second but this thing was doing flips when it hit second. that was with the largest gearing too. but if you are dead set on the os 30vg go for it. but if you want crazy bashing power look into another motor. the 30 vg is better for racing but i wouldnt use it as a race motor because it is not good on fuel economy. i need to post some video of my revo with the picco. so people can see the power that thing has. i have owned 15 revos and several motors over the past 3 years and the picco has been one of my favorites so far.