RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bragging about the .55 AX
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 08:24 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bragging about the .55 AX

That's one nice engine isn't it? My latest .55-AX arrived on a Friday evening and I bolted it on after dinner, checked the CG on the plane and fired it. It took one flip with a stick, I didn't even bother dragging out my electric starter. Since it was late, I only ran it a few seconds. The next morning I drove out to the field, fired it up (one flip again), set the needle slightly rich and took off. It never missed a beat. On the second or third flight I leaned out both needles just a little bit and it's ran perfect ever since.

My .75-AX was pretty similar although it did dead stick on me during it's second flight. It was a little lean though so I take the blame for that.

I've tried the less expensive engines and had some success but none have been as nice as the OS AX line. I own .46's, .55's and a .75 and I'll never own a glow 2-stroke that isn't an OS again. If anyone getting into the hobby is wondering which engine to get, the OS 2-strokes are the way to go in my opinion. Yes, they cost more but it is money well spent. The reliability and hassle free operation make them a better value I believe.

Now that I said that I'll probably jinx myself and one will quit on me at the wrong time.