RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kougar Build
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 08:40 AM
racingjeff1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Kougar Build

No, not like that. They seem to have levels that the more you purchase the higher up you go. For example I am a Platinum level member, when I spent about $300-400 I seem to have been put there. Now I get a few dollars off the retail prices you see there. I have no idea what levels there are or exactly how they decide on them. Its most likely posted there somewhere. I did not even notice that for a while since the prices were so great anyway.

BTW, they say they will have a Ohio based warehouse to ship products from very soon at cheap USPS priority 2-3 day pricing. I am not sure how long Tower Hobbies can do nothing as far as prices and selection, wow big deal $10 off a $150 order. I saw in there last newsletter they had small Tower branded LiPos, and they were a pathetic 12C output for not a cheap price. I think they are about three years behind HC.

I like to buy misc wire and connectors from HC as well. 1 meter of servo wire and a bunch of connectors for $3.00 or so. I can make a lot of extensions for that as compared to buying one off the shelf for $3.00+.

I did buy over a year ago a Great Planes 35-48-850 and it did not test better than any of the HC motors I have purchased since then. While I think about it, I just sold off my Triton Jr and Equinox balancer because they have a more reserved voltage charge peak than the HC ones do. I was getting 16.34V out of Triton but 16.8V out of the Imax B5, and I could see the Mah difference as well, like 300 to 450 more, so I now get a complete full charge. Look at the price difference between those two charge set ups.

Hope this helps.