RCU Forums - View Single Post - How will it fly, what should I expect?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How will it fly, what should I expect?

OK,

I got in 5 more flights in the snow yesterday and worked out most of its issues, but I need some advice.

It was not pitch stability that I was fighting. When I used left aileron, the plane would act as though I gave it a good amount of down elevator at the same time. I ended up adding a 20% mix with Left Aileron being the Master and UP elevator being the Slave. This worked very good, but is obviously adding additional drag. What I found unusual, is that I have no issue with right aileron, just left. The one sided stab must be getting some turbulent air off of the left wing when I bank??

Now here is the problem, the plane is flying pretty darn good, but being a racing type plane, it spends a good deal of time in knife edge flight and straight and level. The plane flies perfectly in the straight and level, but in 90 degree knife edge to the ground, it wants to drift towards the canopy, which is not a good thing. I tried moving the CG all over (front and back), but that did little in regards to the drifting action. Normally, moving the CG back helps, but not in this case.

I'm going to verify my incidences, but I remember this being pretty darn close to 0/0/0. I suspect that I will need to adjust the incidence of either the firewall or the wing (easy), but I am not sure where to start. My thoughts that a little down thrust might help, but I'm not sure. IF that doesn't help, how about raising the LE of the wing by a 1/16" and see if that helps.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,