RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Titan thread
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 10:23 PM
RC David

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Titan thread

FIRST OUTDOOR FLIGHT

Well guys, after learning to fly my MT (first heli other than blade CX-2) indoors for about 12 weeks I finally tried to fly her outside today. It was a "HANDFUL". I went down into this retention pond about the size of 3 football fields and 40+ feet deep. It's a little less windy down there. I had my new Kestral wind guage and in the pit the wind was about 5-8 mph continuous with almost constant gusting to 12 mph. That might be calm for you pro's but not for someone who never flew outside before.

I flew 3 packs almost back to back.

I pretty much kept her in front of me facing away, into the wind. I must say, I did not enjoy flying in that wind. I know there will be calmer days but it was a little discouraging. I've been contemplating a 2nd heli and have now decided to go bigger. I like the Thunder Tiger E550 Raptor but it requires larger, more expensive 6s packs so I've decided on a GAUI Hurricane 550 which will run on 2 3s packs.

I can't decide on getting the CF frame/plastic head or plastic frame metal head (GAUI does not offer a CF/metal head version).

Any input from you heli pros would be GREATLY appreciated.

Dave D.