RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tower Trainer vs Avistar
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Tower Trainer vs Avistar

jentzsch, the Tower Trainer is a fine choice and you can have a blast with it for a long time. The TT Pro 46 is a good choice as well. I've been flying for RC for 9 years and still like to have a trainer around just to have fun with. A trainer can always teach you something, in my opinion. The radio decision can be tough, but I think even a good new 4 channel like the Futaba you describe would serve you well. I'd have to agree with Carrell on his thoughts on that. I don't know if that radio is a "computer" type radio, but when I started, I bought the then economical Hitec Flash 4. It works well and I like the ability of having some of the benefits a "computer" type radio can offer. Eventually bought a Hitec Flash 5, also economical and works well. If you're definitely not sure if you'll stay in the hobby, get a good new 4 channel system. Believe me if you stay in the hobby, you'll be buying another radio system, and you can splurge then for all the bells and whistles. But there's nothing wrong with having good solid simple economical equipment.