RCU Forums - View Single Post - Design Own Airplane?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 04:02 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Design Own Airplane?

Originally posted by Ptarmigan
Does anyone here design their own airplane for RC flying, besides basing it on an actual airplane? After I am flying solo, I plan to design my own airplanes, rather then do scale.
Hey Man, you been talking about getting soloed for a long time. I believe you are active at Scobee fld. While I also belong tom the Scobee BCF Club, my main club is way over Northeast at Jetero.
We have a great grass runway with good facilities, maybe not as nice as the public-funded but we OWN ours. In addition, training doesn't have to be under the gun of every tom,dick and harry.

Anyway, you and I need a couple afternoons together and you will be designing your own machines or whatever and flying them all by yourself.

Problem is I soon migrate up north, so if you are seriously interested in getting SOLO, You can be a guest for 3 days at Jetero. That should be plenty, but it has to happen within the next month or so. AMA is a MUST!
I have trainer stuff for Airtronics, JR, and the Futaba/Hitec. Name your posion.

Designing models is a no brainer. Make some measurements, eyeball some basic parameters and here is a 4 day 65" w/s Fun-Flier, now near 3 years old.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	75880_87.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	45314