RCU Forums - View Single Post - F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark
Old 05-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Gryphon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER Part 7 : The Basics To The Darkest of Dark

Brazman, KegRaider,

Thank you guys very much for that video. I like it.

Brazman,

I'm so sorry to see you lose that awesome Stryker. What battery, and prop combination were you flying with?

I hope the Eagle tree data recorder was not onboard, and if it was all I can say is: "V3 150A logger".

Were you flying with 2.4 GHz radio or something else?

Brazman, even when you couldn't see your plane you could get it back with the Co-pilot because you know it is level and only input would have been up elevator and full throttle to go vertical so you could see your plane.

I know of numerous Co-pilot stories from many people, including ones from myself, Stryker_Viking, my brother, lots of internet friends. King_Paul is witness to more than 1 unbelievable recovery of mine.

$69, you do have room under the hatches, and it boils down to some drag due to sensor. A slight speed reduction is well worth saving your plane from a crash or a lost plane.

I can't afford not to have it. I do believe that you still have a good chance of recovering your plane. I suggest you notify the local stores and keep an eye on e-bay to cover other possibilities.
Weather you get it back or not think about protecting the next one. For a top speed pass, you can always remove the sensor and hatch and put on a spare hatch.

It has nothing to do with flying skills it is a matter of protecting your investment and labor of love.

Edit: I just noticed that you said you lost power at low altitude. o.k. ...........with co-pilot it would have been a level landing.

Gryphon