RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Zero or World Models Zero?????
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 09:03 PM
E75
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Zero or World Models Zero?????

We have some experience with both Kyosho Zero and WM Zero and my opinon is this...

The Kyosho is a smaller model than the World Models and is an excellent .40 sized flyer.
No retracts included.
Fiberglass Fuse not supported inside by bulkheads or stringers. Very weak. You could crush the fuse with one squeeze from one hand. Be careful handling it.

The World Models .60 size Zero is the only ARF by them that does not live up to their excellent reputation.
The fiberglass fuse is much better than the Kyosho. Very strong and well made. Lots of wood reinforcement inside.
Retracts are pre-installed.
Now let me say that ours is an old model that is no longer being produced so I will refrain from details regarding the un-World Models-like flight performance and vicious tip stalling tendencies of this model.
We found the wing incedence to be over 2 Degrees out of whack.
Sufficient test flights after incedence correction have not yet been made to accurately determine whether or not the problem was solved.
Again, let me say that our version of the World Zero is no longer produced. The new Zero has been completely redesigned with a new wing (with flaps added) and new overall demensions.
I am assuming that the problems with the old model have been addressed and would choose the New World Models Zero over the Kyosho.