Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Zero or World Models Zero?????

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Kyosho Zero or World Models Zero?????

Old 05-05-2003, 07:40 PM
accuweather
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Zero or World Models Zero?????

Hi, i am planning on buying the Kyosho Japanese Zero or The World Models Zero. What i would like to know, which kit is a better buy and if anybody out there has any of these ARF Planes, i would like to know the Likes and Dislikes of each kit.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-05-2003, 09:03 PM
E75
My Feedback: (1)

We have some experience with both Kyosho Zero and WM Zero and my opinon is this...

The Kyosho is a smaller model than the World Models and is an excellent .40 sized flyer.
No retracts included.
Fiberglass Fuse not supported inside by bulkheads or stringers. Very weak. You could crush the fuse with one squeeze from one hand. Be careful handling it.

The World Models .60 size Zero is the only ARF by them that does not live up to their excellent reputation.
The fiberglass fuse is much better than the Kyosho. Very strong and well made. Lots of wood reinforcement inside.
Retracts are pre-installed.
Now let me say that ours is an old model that is no longer being produced so I will refrain from details regarding the un-World Models-like flight performance and vicious tip stalling tendencies of this model.
We found the wing incedence to be over 2 Degrees out of whack.
Sufficient test flights after incedence correction have not yet been made to accurately determine whether or not the problem was solved.
Again, let me say that our version of the World Zero is no longer produced. The new Zero has been completely redesigned with a new wing (with flaps added) and new overall demensions.
I am assuming that the problems with the old model have been addressed and would choose the New World Models Zero over the Kyosho.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:36 AM
accuweather
My Feedback: (21)

Default Zero Decision

Hi E75 and thanks for your input on this matter. I probably will go with the World Models Zero since it is a larger model with retracts for about the same price as the Kyosho Zero with out retracts. Thanks again.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:52 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

I have the Kyosho Zero, and the fiberglass fuselage is pretty sturdy. The fuselage has authentic looking recessed panel lines and is not flexible and flimsy like the Kyosho Corsair fuselage. Also, the Kyosho Zero has very little or no tendency to tip stall at low speed because the wing has built in washout. You don't need to land it hot. I am very happy with mine.