RCU Forums - View Single Post - savage xl finally arrived!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 02:32 PM
mmduc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: savage xl finally arrived!

pullin your chain? lol thats funny. anyway, here is the update. i was able to run about 6 tanks thru it yesterdeay & today. im running byrons gen 2 30%, so the temps are on the low side. its has a ton of torque. i had to adjust the idle screw as it was way too low. it starts fairly easy, i followed the break in as per hpi manual. i think its gonna take about 1/2 gallon before it really starts to wake up. the pinch is really tight. first few tanks i just ran at 1/4-1/2 throttle. i started to lean it out after tank 3. it really started to come alive. for a big truck, i think it handles really well. on tank 4, i started to go to 3/4 throttle and got a 1-2 shift. it pulls really hard from down low. i know im not close to the potential of this engine, but i want to take my time with the break in. after leaning the hsn more, i got a 1-2-3 shift. i can say the top speeed not fully tuned is in the low 40 mph range. i think mid 40's will be no problem after break in and tuning. i had to adjust the lsn some what as it was very rich. the one problem i had was the radio seemed to cun in and out, i found the rx chrystal had come loose. i ran it a lil while longer and the same thing, so i taped the rx chrystal in for now until i set it up on my jr fm radio. all in all this thig is a beast, handles really well, and good response from the k5.9. it starts easy and seems to hold a tune really well. ill report again after i run a few more tanks thru it and fine tune the engine. ill keep everyone posted. i work alot so my time with it is limited. but i can say that this has truck is gonna be awesome in all all aspects. for the person who thinks im yanking your chain, maybe you can elighten me on what you own or have and what your feedback is.......... more to come later[8D]