RCU Forums - View Single Post - Off the cord today!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Off the cord today!

ORIGINAL: ChuckW

ORIGINAL: FatOrangeKat

ORIGINAL: Jester241

So FATCAT..........SUUURELY by now,you should be thinking of your next plane

...whats you got in mind,lol?

psst.....big stick .60
Got to keep it in the .40 size...I drive a Civic!
Tough call; was thinking maybe the new Great Planes Cherokee ARF, although I saw some guys flying aerobatic/3D and it looked like a lot of fun, so maybe something more sporty...like the PHOENIX EXTRA 300S?! Definitely the right price for a second airplane, and good reviews to boot. Of course when I'm ready to buy it and when I'm ready to fly it are two different stories! Still gotta work on the landings, and just get some stick time and get COMFORTABLE.
Congratulations. Keep it up and you will have it mastered in no time. As for the second plane, the Extra probably isn't a great idea. It will likely have a few odd habits that a second plan shouldn't. I could be wrong of course. Also the 3D/fun fly stuff is cool but they are VERY responsive and not ususally good for a second plane. I'd stick with the Cherokee idea (some pictures in the ARF forum, very pretty plane), Tiger-2, Sig 4-Star, Hangar-9 Pulse, World Models Sky Raider Mach-2, Stik, planes like that.
I think you guys are right. There was someone at the field yesterday trying to talk me into an aerobat, saying I'd be fine with it with a couple of flights back on the buddy box. I think I'm going to head either the Cherokee route or the Nitromodels Super Low Wing Trainer (Tiger Copy) or the H9 Pulse XT 40.