RCU Forums - View Single Post - Joining a club
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Adui

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Joining a club

ORIGINAL: FatOrangeKat

Update:

I had my first real crash the a couple of days ago. I knew there would be some kind of real damage before I even saw the plane. I called out 'on the field', ran and got my plane, and by the time I got back to the pits there were at least 3 guys with glue, tape, forceps, everything I needed to get my plane fixed and in the air again. I didn't even have to ask. I don't know if it's just my club, but I couldn't find a better group of guys, but judging from most of what I read here, it seems to be the same everywhere (there was a recent thread to send, for free, enough gear to get a guy going who crashed his plane on first flight).

Join a club! [8D]
Trust me, its not just your club. My first day out after soloing, I was having issues. Then, my TX antenna broke! just pulled apart. EVERY PERSON THERE checked there kits and spare radios to see if one of theres would fit my TX. Since I run JR none did, but it was the thought. When we found this fact out, they helped me patch it back together so I could fly that day, including aiding me in a longer than usual range check to be sure it was safe!