View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Chopped02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ***OCM KAOS DT-19 BUGGY THREAD***

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Chopped02

vnmsgt,

I was just looking at your site and was wondering, what is your opinion on the OCM vs the Caster Racing ZX1-R that you have available? I'm looking to upgrade my 9 year old to a pro kit this season and am doing some shopping around. He's running a Matrix RTR thats been slightly upgraded and was thinking about something different. I dont really want to spend 500 dollars+ on a Losi, Mugen, Kyosho etc... Any pros and cons on either would be helpful. Thanks.
I honestly have not driven the OCM yet but will drive it this weekend to test out so I cannot say about handling and stuff. The Caster and OCM are almost equal in quality and both look are extremely well built. The only differences are the OCM has spring steel like the X-rays use for all of the driveline components (axles and driveshafts) and also the OCM has captured hinge pins and captured steering ball ends and rear upper a-rms captured. The Caster uses eclipse but for about $10 bucks you can make everything captured too. The caster and OCM both have the same thickness shock towers, chassis thickness and are 7075 aluminum. Honestly It all comes down to which one you like the looks of the best. It you do not want to make everything captured which is very easy then I would get the OCM and be done with it.
Thanks for the input. Keep us posted how the Kaos runs on the track.